The Objectives of the Newfoundland Club of Northern California are:
- To encourage and promote the breeding, understanding, and appreciation of the purebred Newfoundland dog, and to perform and to encourage such activities as will bring its natural qualities to perfection;
- To urge members and others to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which the Newfoundland dog shall be judged;
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging friendly and sportsman-like competition at dog shows, obedience trials, field trials and matches;
- To conduct sanctioned and licensed specialty shows, obedience trials, and field trials under the rules of the American Kennel Club;
- To cooperate with and encourage the objectives and sanctions of the Newfoundland Club of America and to do such other things as may be deemed expedient in the best interests of the Club;
- To propagate and to encourage the practice and enjoyment of the various of the dog fancy, especially with regard to the Newfoundland breed, through participation in dog showing, obedience competition, field trials, breeding, and such other activities as will enable the owner or prospective owner of Newfoundland dogs to derive the greatest pleasure possible from his activities in pursuit of the ultimate benefit of the breed and of the dogs who are its members.